Finishing dusts are the perfect way to Set and Perfect all of your makeup. They are ideal for controlling shine and enhancing your features based on which Dust you choose. Zea Mays works to absorb excess oil, while black currant extract provides a radiant glow.
Finishing Dust is our original formula, perfectly translucent and suited for all skin types. Shout Magazine's best of beauty award winner in 2012, if you are looking for an all over oil-control setting product that doesn't add any color to your skin, this is the dust for you.
Sunlight Finishing Dust conceals redness and brightens skin tone. A hint of a yellow undertone works perfectly to naturally tone down unwanted rosy areas while warming up the skin with a translucent finish.
Pearl Finishing Dust has a subtle shimmer to minimize dulling effects and diminish skin imperfections. Great as a highlighter for oily skins, and perfect for anyone who wants to control shine yet still achieve a glowy finish.
Bronzed Finishing Dust offers a subtle glow and translucent tint of color, so the skin is not masked. Skin is instantly brightened, radiant and warm. Great for users who want to wear finishing dust alone, or to warm up your base shade.
To apply, simply sprinkle a bit of the mineral dust into the lid of your container and follow the steps below:
- Dab a bit of the minerals onto your brush (see below for more on my picks for the best brush to use!) and tailor the areas of application depending on your personal skin type.
- If you find that your complexion has a tendency to be oily or shiny all over, apply a light layer of the finishing powers across the perimeter of your skin.
- If you only have shine in certain areas - such as your t-zone or your nose or chin - target the finishing dust to these problem areas.
- Secret tip: the finishing powders are also great along the cheekbones, and can provide a bit of shine-free contour that’s just lovely.
- Voila! You’re finished, in the truest sense of the word.
Now, about the brushes. I always suggest using bigger brushes for any type of “large scale” powder application - meaning, where you’re applying to the majority of your face. Three of my favorite brushes to use for this purpose are below:
- Angled Kabuki Brush- Ideal for when you want angled results, and the best for cheekbone contouring.
- Plush Mineral Brush - A plush, large all over face brush with round shape. A fully functional brush that delivers buildable coverage with minimal strokes.
- Eco Botan Artisan Kabuki Brush - A large dome shaped bamboo brush that is quite possibly one of the most luxurious brushes I’ve ever created!