For centuries, Asian women have been utilizing the somewhat secret beauty benefits of rice. One of the most-used homemade products is rice water, which can help make your skin flawless and your hair silky and shiny.
Rice water contains beneficial minerals and vitamins like B1, C, and E. The combination of all these things can tighten skin and shrink pores as well as make skin softer and brighter looking. It also promotes skin cell growth, stimulates blood flow, and slows down the aging process. For hair, rice water rinses can help strengthen hair with the protein found in rice, filling in cracks in the hair shaft to make it stronger and shinier!
This gentle cleanser is one simplest you can make yourself. Keep reading for instructions on how to make rice water at home and start benefiting from its amazing properties.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 - 1 cup Organic White Rice or Jasmine Rice
- 2 Bowls
- Mason jar with top
1. Thoroughly rinse rice to remove any dirt from grains.
2. Place rinsed rice in a bowl and cover with water, letting the rice sit in the water for 15-20 minutes.
While soaking, excess vitamins and minerals will seep into the water.
3. Drain water once it is done soaking, catching all the rice water into a clean bowl. You can later use this rice for cooking, so do not throw it away!
4. Put water into a mason jar and store it air-tight in your refrigerator for no more than 5 days.
You can now use your newly made rice water to cleanse or tone your face by splashing it on to your face and massaging into your skin, or putting it on a cotton pad and gently rubbing it into your skin.
To use as a hair rinse, work some rice water into your hair, massaging your scalp after shampooing. Leave it in for a few minutes, and then rinse it out for soft and shiny strands!