You’ve applied your base, blush, eyeshadow, and lip color - and perhaps a few extras, like BRONZER - and what’s the final step? Why, you must set your look of course! :)
Two of my finishing products are super helpful for setting your makeup and banishing shine and oil, while diminishing redness and blemishes all at the same time. These are meant to be used as your final step, and will help your makeup to “stay put,” so to speak!
The first is my absolutely essential FINISHING DUST. This product is a translucent powder that is suitable for all skin types. Sheer coverage provides the perfect canvas to minimize dulling effects and kiss shine goodbye!
The second is my SUNLIGHT FINISHING DUST. Like the warm rays of the sun, this finishing dust has a tinge of yellow pigment to combat skin flaws, such as redness or dark circles.
To apply, simply sprinkle a bit of the mineral dust into the lid of your container and follow the steps below:
- Dab a bit of the minerals onto your brush (see below for more on my picks for the best brush to use!) and tailor the areas of application depending on your personal skin type.
- If you find that your complexion has a tendency to be oily or shiny all over, apply a light layer of the finishing powers across the perimeter of your skin.
- If you only have shine in certain areas - such as your t-zone or your nose or chin - target the finishing dust to these problem areas.
- Secret tip: the finishing powders are also great along the cheekbones, and can provide a bit of shine-free contour that’s just lovely.
- Voila! You’re finished, in the truest sense of the word.
Now, about the brushes. I always suggest using bigger brushes for any type of “large scale” powder application - meaning, where you’re applying to the majority of your face. Three of my favorite brushes to use for this purpose are below:
- ANGLED KABUKI BRUSH - Ideal for when you want angled results, and the best for cheekbone contouring.
- PLUSH MINERAL BRUSH - A plush, large all over face brush with round shape. A fully functional brush that delivers buildable coverage with minimal strokes.
- ECO BOTAN ARTISAN KABUKI BRUSH - A large dome shaped bamboo brush that is quite possibly one of the most luxurious brushes I’ve ever created!