So summer has arrived. The sun is up most of the day and that practically means there is a lot of opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors or do something new at home. Here are some of the many things you can do this summer.
Exploring the great outdoors
- Climb a mountain! If you are up for the challenge, climb the highest peaks nearby.
- Have a bonfire with friends. Bring out the guitar and good food!
- Catch fireflies!
- Go river rafting with friends.
- Reconnect with nature and and go to a U-pick farm in your area.
- Visit a few museums.
- Stargazing. Great excuse to camp outside with the kids!
- Go to a botanical garden or national park and do some nature photography.
- Be a kid again and fly a kite!
- Summer is also…gardening time!
- Go biking on those nature trails.
- Throw a vegan dessert challenge party outside. Everyone brings a sweet!
- Wake up early to witness the sunrise.
- Join a local women’s group.
- Visit and support a farmer's market near you.
- See about going to a concert (those are always fun).
- Play your favorite childhood game! It’s never too late.
- Ride a roller coaster for thrills.
- Grab your bikini and head to the nearest beach!
- If you’re stellar at running, see about joining a local marathon.
- Road trip, baby!
- Register for a fitness program. They’re likely to be discounted during summer!
- Plan a picnic with your family.
- Never had the time to? Take a tour of your city, or one nearby.
Things you can do indoors
- Plan out a scene, and paint or draw it (you can do this outdoors too!).
- Master new tasty recipes.
- Learn a new language. Either in a class, or online.
- Create your own summer plawylist. Hint: Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz have some good grooves to perfectly match with the summer sun.
- Start an art project of your choosing.
- Make a mind-blowing, healthy brunch for your family.
- Set for yourself a summer reading list. (Ex: 5 novels)
- Create a list of your favorite movies that you haven't seen in years. Watch them!
- Clean up your closet. It’s summer cleaning time, get out your donation box!
- Re-decorate your room. Make it unique.
There’s your big summer list! Get on it, and have some fun under the sun!
Share your bucket list for this summer in comments!